Welcome to my blog. You can now find SofanMax at Google News!

AdSense Sign Up Error - Blogger New Earning Tab Interface Still Unstable

How to fix "AdSense doesn't know about your blog" issue. Blogger new earnings tab is still unstable and you may get stuck in the registration process.
Update April 13th, 2021: For people who are still stuck with "AdSense doesn't know about your blog" problem when registering for new account using blogspot domain, check this new article: How to Create AdSense Account Using Blogspot URL - Fixing "AdSense doesn't know about your blog".
 
Update August 1st, 2020: It appears that Blogger and AdSense have addressed the issue by changing the registration method so this article is now outdated. AdSense now accepts blogspot link directly through "add site" feature. The "CONNECT ADSENSE" button will now be able to actually connect blogspot to your AdSense account.

In order to monetize Blogger using AdSense, we have to sign up via the Earnings tab. It is the only way to connect your qualified blog to AdSense. However, if you are using Blogger's new interface right now, you may encounter a problem.

Today I was contacted by one of my visitors, the owner of Blogdevta1. He stated that his blog may have been qualified but he was unable to connect it to AdSense. I also notice that a lot of users posted in the official forum stating that they have the same issue.

So I tried to replicate the problem and find out that Blogger's new Earnings tab is indeed not usable yet.


Blogger updated its Earnings tab interface recently. The new Earnings tab may detect that you have an AdSense account and a button which says "CONNECT ADSENSE" will appear. Look at the picture below.
Looks like you have an AdSense account. To start using AdSense, so that you can start earning from ads, connect your blog to AdSense.

AdSense Blogger error

Please note that I created the blog in the picture just now. I do have an active AdSense account. However the blog doesn't have any content and it is not supposed to be eligible for AdSense. So why does Blogger shows the "CONNECT ADSENSE" button? It is very misleading.

If you click the button, your earnings tab will display a notification which says that:
AdSense doesn't know about your blog. There is an issue with your blog's details in AdSense. Please go to AdSense and make sure your blog's domain name (omuhelp.blogspot.com) is listed as a site.
You will see the picture below:

AdSense doesn't know about your blog blogger

If you try to click "GO TO ADSENSE", you will only be redirected to your own AdSense dashboard. If you revert to legacy view, you will see:

Legacy earning tab

The legacy interface shown above should only appear after your qualified blog has been associated successfully with AdSense. So why does my newly created ineligible blog show that information? I thought that this was an exploit. Blogger please fix this problem!


The owner of Blogdevta1 stated that he doesn't have any AdSense account, yet he is seeing the notification above. He also tried to click the "GO TO ADSENSE" button but it only redirect him to AdSense Sign Up page. I suspect that a lot of Blogger users will be confused about this error.

As a result you may get stuck, unable to proceed with registration because your blog is actually not eligible yet. You need to go back to the new Earnings tab interface and click "REMOVE ADSENSE".
Remove AdSense from this blog. If you would like to reset your AdSense connection, or remove it from this blog, use the button below and follow the prompts.
Then go back to your Legacy view, you should be able to see that your blog is actually not eligible.

legacy non eligible

You will see that the blog is indeed not eligible based on the legacy Blogger. Once it becomes qualified, you will be able to see the sign up button in the legacy view. So my suggestion right now, use the legacy version to sign up for AdSense in  Blogger.



Do not use new earnings tab to monetize qualified blog yet


I was also unable to associate my qualified blog using the new Earning Tab. My blog calon-imers.blogspot.com is eligible, so I tried to use the new interface to add it to my current AdSense account. However it gave me the same notification that AdSense doesn't know about my blog.

qualified but failed

So, I click remove AdSense and go back to the old legacy. I sign up via the legacy interface and I was able to associate the blog normally. Now if I go back to the new interface again, I see the proper notification:

successful adsense blogger

Again, right now you have to use the legacy view in order to sign up the qualified blog! The new interface is not ready yet.

After that, I tried to create another Blogger account which is not associated with any AdSense account. The new Earnings interface has the correct notification

non qualified blog

Conclusion

  • A lot of Blogger new interface users mistakenly think that their blog is qualified to use AdSense due to misleading notification.
  • Before you decide to connect to AdSense, check whether your blog is actually qualified yet or not via the legacy interface.
  • If your blog is stuck and you're unable to proceed with AdSense registration, your blog may not actually be qualified yet. Remove AdSense from your earning tab and go back to legacy view.
  • If your blog is qualified, sign up using the legacy view.
  • Blogger may mistakenly said that you have an AdSense account. Try to contact AdSense or Blogger forum to resolve this.
  • If you do not have an AdSense account, Blogger may display the correct notification which says that your blog is not qualified yet.
  • Blogger new interface is still unstable right now, this problem may be resolved soon.
Does your blog suffer from low ranking? Take the self assessment test to audit the quality of your articles. High quality content will improve your ranking naturally.
Professional content writer, copywriter, and owner of TokoKata. Passionate blogger and SEO enthusiast. Practicing my bachelor's degree in accounting at the Indonesian Stock Exchange.

33 comments

  1. Thank you! This was very helpful. To anyone stuck on where to get back to legacy view... bottom left of your screen.
    1. Hey you are welcome! Please help me reporting this problem. Send feedback from your blogger dashboard. Also tweet it using #gHelp and #heyGoogle. I received a notification that legacy view will only available until August. They have to fix this before then!
    2. I have updated my articles related to this problem. I believe now you can sign up for AdSense.
  2. Thanks for your advise i was confused when i saw the new earning tab so i chacked your blog and knew you would write something about it .Thank you so much you made it clear
    1. No problem! I believe it's causing issue to a lot of users, please click the question mark symbol from your Blogger's dashboard and send feedback to them. Subscribe to my newsletter or follow my social media to get notified when a new article is published.
  3. Hi, I'm new to your blog and I would say that it is very informative and easy to follow the tutorial.

    Just want to input my opinions, I have my blog designflip.blogspot.com, just my opinion, i think blogger just enabled this feature for those who has an active and approved adsense account linked to other google product like youtube.

    However, I find out that google will not approve your ads tab in blogger without upgrading your subdomain (blogger) to main domain like .com, .net, etc. even though it says it is in review.

    That is why, the second tab says "Google doesn't know about blog message...blah blah, and make sure it added as a site"... And putting your site as blogspot in adsense account will give you error. In Short google wants to upgrade your blogspot account to top domain.

    just my opinion though.
    1. Hello, Blogger is undergoing transformation. This article is outdated as I have implied at the beginning of the article. It was an "error" because AdSense was "not ready" to accept blogspot domain. However it is now possible to add blogspot domain in AdSense account using "Add Site" feature directly.

      Moreover you can also use blogspot domain to activate your AdSense account if you were rejected when you apply using custom domain for the first time (use different site url option). You do not need a top domain. Please read my latest article related to the current state of Earnings tab: https://sofanmax.blogspot.com/2020/07/blogspot-domain-adsense-add-site.html


    2. Also, I have changed the wordings at the beginning of the article to clear things up. Thanks for your valuable feedback!
  4. Hello sorry on my confusion, I just find out in a few minutes after I posted here that google adsense already updates its site, and can now link a blogspot url inside adsense account.

    Sorry I missed the details above.

    Anyway I'm happy I found your blog, and found answers on my questions :)
    1. Hey, no problem! I think we'll get clearer info related to the new blogspot's AdSense approval process once the interface update is finalized at the end of August.

      Please send feed back to Blogger so that they can make the interface better. Press the question mark symbol at the top right corner of the control panel.

      On unrelated note, try to index your blog, I couldn't find it in Google. Read about it here: https://sofanmax.blogspot.com/2020/05/how-index-blogger-post-google-search-console.html
  5. Hi, your article was really informative. But the thing is, in my case I have tried to apply for AdSense not through the earning tab but directly through AdSense sign up option and I also have a custom domain.

    But still it is showing the same error.
    1. What's your custom domain? Usually, a blogger custom domain is https://www.example.com. You should apply by using https://example.com without the www.
    2. AdSense usually will automatically monetize your https://www.example.com version.
    3. Also, the earnings tab is only intended for blogspot. If you are using custom domain, you connect the website via code given by AdSense and put it inside the head tag.
  6. Which theme you have used while creating this blog? I was trying, but didnot find your theme
    1. My current theme is called as Fiksioner, designed by Igniel. Read about it here: https://sofanmax.blogspot.com/2020/07/how-to-set-up-fiksioner-custom-blogger.html
  7. Sir please tell me that will i use free domain in my blogger or costum domain is free blogspot domain giving better money
    1. A custom domain is better if you are looking to gain more profit. You can still make money from the free Blogspot domain but it has an unofficial and semi-professional feeling so it is not as good when it comes to product branding. Blogspot domain is not bad for personal branding though, that's why this blog is using the free domain.
  8. Hi please what can i do AdSense did not give me code to input in my html theme and i got exactly the same problem above
    1. This article is outdated. If you are using blogspot domain to register, just wait until the account is activated. You do not need to insert any code. Then you can use the "Add Site" after activation. It may take more than two weeks.
  9. I'm having the same problem, i applied with my custom domain name (www.makenzysky.com) via the Blogger Earnings platform...I got this

    "Getting your blog ready to show ads...
    AdSense is reviewing your site. For some publishers the activation process can be as quick as a day, and for others it can take several weeks."

    And this below...

    "AdSense doesn't know about your blog
    There is an issue with your blog's details in AdSense. Please go to AdSense and make sure your blog's domain name (makenzysky.com) is listed as a site."

    It has remained like this for weeks now...

    I've clicked the REMOVE ADSENSE button, as you directed...This is what i got;

    "Looks like you have an AdSense account...To start using AdSense, so that you can start earning from ads, connect your blog to AdSense"

    I don't understand again, i'm so frustrated now...
  10. Pls, help me
  11. Looks like my application has been approved...I'm confuse
    1. As I have started at the beginning of the article, the information within this article is now out of date. Moreover, you are using custom domain so you do not need to apply for AdSense from the earnings tab. Blogger's earnings tab is ONLY necessary for Blogspot domains. Please read the articles more carefully.
  12. Ok Thanks,

    But pls what do you suggest i do now?
    1. You have already been approved right? Activate your auto ads from your AdSense control panel and enjoy your income. Grow your content and audience. You do not need to do anything with your Earnings tab because you are using custom domain.

      Useful links that you may want to check out :


      https://sofanmax.blogspot.com/2020/05/display-advertisment-in-blogger-adsense-autoads.html
      https://sofanmax.blogspot.com/2020/06/displaying-advertisment-blogger-adsense-ad-unit.html
      https://sofanmax.blogspot.com/2021/01/change-adsense-responsive-ads-size.html
      https://sofanmax.blogspot.com/2020/07/blogspot-domain-adsense-add-site.html
      https://sofanmax.blogspot.com/2020/09/what-is-sellersjson-adsense-for.html
      https://sofanmax.blogspot.com/2019/07/google-chrome-better-ads-standard-global.html


  13. Not yet approved...

    This is the message i keep seeing;

    1. "Getting your blog ready to show ads
    AdSense is reviewing your site. For some publishers the activation process can be as quick
    as a day, and for others it can take several weeks."

    2. AdSense doesn't know about your blog
    There is an issue with your blog's details in AdSense. Please go to AdSense and make
    sure your blog's domain name (makenzysky.com) is listed as a site.



    It has been like that for over 1 week now...What should i do pls?

    1. As I have said over and over again, you should NOT register AdSense from the Earnings tab because you are using CUSTOM DOMAIN. Go to AdSense site and register directly from there. Then, you SHOULD NOT do anything to your earnings tab, ignore every thing in there, because you are using CUSTOM DOMAIN.

      Not sure why you don't understand this simple fact....
    2. Second alternative, create an AdMob account then DO ONLY step number 7 from this article: https://sofanmax.blogspot.com/2021/04/how-to-create-adsense-account-blogspot.html. Then, connect your blog to AdSense using the code they sent to your email underneath the head of your theme.

      In any case, you are supposed to ignore your earnings tab completely, because of the custom domain.
  14. The problem is, I've already applied for Adsense using the Earning tab even before i read this article and it has been on review since...

    I've gone to Adsense site now to apply again and it says "You already have an AdSense account associated with ekenzymakenzy88@gmail.com."

    While it also redirected me back to my previous application dashboard where the indication that my site is on review displayed.

    Pls, what should i do?
    Should i wait for them to finish reviewing my first application?
    or should I click the remove Adsense button and reapply?

    1. Try the second alternative method, or you could just create new email that is not associated with your current email, and use that to create AdSense account.
  15. Pls, how can I fix the below problem?

    AdSense doesn't know about your blog
    There is an issue with your blog's details in AdSense. Please go to AdSense and make sure your blog's domain name (makenzysky.com) is listed as a site.
    1. Did you not read my comment above? You don't need to fix anything because you are using custom domain. You should ignore your earnings tab.