Welcome to my blog. You can now find SofanMax at Google News!

Celebrating 100 Subscribers on My YouTube Channel - A Small Happiness

My experience on managing a personal YouTube channel.

Before I had a YouTube channel of my own, I always thought that sub milestone celebration is a little bit lame. Then I decided to upload short videos daily for personal documentation. Suddenly, my subscribers count reached 100 within a month. Boy, did it make me quite happy and revealed my hypocrisy.

My past disdain toward YouTube sub celebration may have been a manifestation of jealousy. It also makes me realize how condescending I can be. Once I experience it on my own, seeing the number goes up is a massive endorphin boost. It gets quite addictive and motivates you to upload more.

 Now I know what the fuss is all about. When I try putting effort into increasing the subs, I now understand that it is not easy. When you get new subscribers, the happiness is genuine. It is a good enough reason to celebrate.

For anyone curious about my personal channel, it is: https://www.youtube.com/sofanmax

YouTube custom channel url
Once you have reached the 100 subscribers milestone, YouTube will allow you to have a custom URL channel.

This change of opinion shows how flawed my character is. I learned that I often looked down on other people's creations even though I didn't have anything of value to show. It makes me think of the time I bring people down. It is easier to give fake feel-good congratulations instead of providing legitimate criticisms.

Do I want to be a YouTuber? Am I a YouTuber now? Well, let's not get ahead of yourself me. It is a nice thing, but it is also nothing. But it will be something if I reach 1000 subscribers. Then I will ask those questions again to myself.

Right now, I upload daily short videos about my pet fish. Yes, I am an ornamental freshwater fish breeder. It is a good side business. It doesn't take too much of my time away from blogging and writing articles.

This revelation also reminds me that next month I will get older. The world is still bitter as ever but it should not take the small happiness away. Life gets complicated. But, it is still okay to celebrate, sometimes. The general outlook may not be promising. But, seemingly insignificant things like this perhaps should not be dismissed too easily.

Perhaps happiness is not something that you can achieve. Perhaps, it is just the variation of small moments that come and go, just like YouTube subscribers.

Professional content writer, copywriter, and owner of TokoKata. Passionate blogger and SEO enthusiast. Practicing my bachelor's degree in accounting at the Indonesian Stock Exchange.

10 comments

  1. Bro please make a post about your earning and first payment.

    Now i am reached 100$ for sirt time so i am ask you what you feel on that day.
    1. It's in my draft and I'm still working on it, stay tune!
    2. Publish that quickly. I'M WAITING💌
  2. Hi today i am face new problem please solve that.
    Problem is 1500 views 27 clicks but earnings 0.00
    1. There is big possibilty that those clicks were not legitimate, thus it's not accumulated in your balance.
  3. Your template bro , please
    1. The theme is called Fletro Lite, read about it here: https://sofanmax.blogspot.com/2020/12/fletro-lite-simple-yet-elegant-premium.html
  4. nice
  5. Very Nice Article